Saturday, January 17, 2009

Endicia update

I got home from college yesterday and to my delight a large box was sitting waiting for me.My endicia package had finally arrived.  Honestly, as geeky as it may sound, it was very exciting. It showed up just in time for my birthday which is today (well i guess its technically sunday now.. my birthdays over and i am officially no longer a teenager. There goes a whole host of excuses..). Anyways, I tore open the box, installed it all, plugged it in, and checked it out. Like I had mentioned before in an earlier post, I got a dymo printer, pelouze scale, and the endicia software as a bundle. It was a much better deal then buying it separately. 
It was a tad tedious and a little confusing to install. I accidentally printed a whole bunch of test postage accidentally and couldn't figure out how to stop it... I think that while this may end up being a very powerful tool, it will take a little getting used too. Since my situation is different than most, the learning curve may be tougher. Since I am in college right now, I obviously can't be here all the time (i come home on a lot of weekends though to work) my mom takes care of shipping the books for me. I wanted to get endicia because I felt so bad for all the time that she would spend shipping books for me. The reason it is going to be difficult is because she is not at all technologically literate or savvy. It's going to be a challenge, because thus far I have been a little confused on the whole system myself. 
So far I am very pleased, but am still waiting to see. Luckily it's a long weekend with MLK day coming up monday. I hope you all have a wonderful holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment